Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Teitur

I was going to hold off on this post until Ju finished her Folk Fest recap, however, somewhere along the way I decided not to. Impatience always wins, you see.

Teitur is from the Faroe Islands, which are somewhere between Norway and Iceland - the sheep islands, they're called. Now, I find this highly amusing, as the folk pop Teitur creates is so calming, it can calm you to the brink of sleep - just like counting sheep!

Har har, oh, the humour.

I have some songs for you from Teiturs first major album, Poetry & Airplanes, which was released in 2003. Since then he has dropped his old record label (Universal), and released Stay Under the Stars, but only in Scandinavia so far.

To me, Teitur is that warm cup of tea on a cold evening, or the cold drizzle of rain while the sun is still shining. He creates a soft sound, which just melts away everything hanging on your heart. Maybe this is why I can't drag myself away from his music long enough to listen to anything else. But that's enough from me, lets get to the music!

From Poetry & Airplanes (2003)
01. I Was Just Thinking
02. Sleeping With the Lights On
03. Poetry & Airplanes
[ buy the album from amazon.com]

Keep an eye out for Stay Under the Stars, which will be released in North America later this year. Until then, you can buy it here.

No comments: